Dear Shiny Chompers Family,
We are excited to see your smiling faces when we officially reopen on Tuesday, May 26th! If you had an appointment that was cancelled and would like to reschedule, please give our office a call. Due to the large volume of appointments needing to be rescheduled, the staff is unable to contact those with cancelled appointments individually.
As society has changed in light of the pandemic, Shiny Chompers has undergone adjustments as well. As part of our safety measures, the toy-filled waiting area has become more of a touch-free zone. Our strict cleaning and sterilization regimen has been further enhanced by top of the line agents used before and after every patient. As an additional measure, the office is equipped with medical grade air purifiers and non-toxic antiseptic mists to help eliminate air-borne pathogens. During procedures, we will utilize aseptic techniques and specialized suction devices to reduce procedure-related aerosols. We will take precautionary steps to safeguard against illness, including the use of certified personal protective equipment. Nevertheless, underneath our countless number of protective gear, the staff is light-hearted and ready to serve.
Please keep in mind that all appointments have been lengthened to allow adequate time for sterilization and facilitate careful transitions between patients. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in rescheduling and/or altering previously booked appointments. We are asking that you reconfirm all appointments scheduled prior to today, as your appointment time may have been affected. We appreciate your patience in this regard. Please inform the staff, if your contact information, including cell phone numbers and e-mails have changed to allow for effective correspondence.
In an effort to maintain a healthy working environment, we request your assistance with our new office guidelines:
Prior to your appointment
- Please inform the staff, if you or your child exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has been in contact with symptomatic individuals. We will reschedule the appointment to a later date.
- All (new and established) patients must complete COVID-19 consent and screening forms prior to your scheduled appointment. These forms will be available online in 2-3 weeks. In the meantime, forms can be sent via email, according to your preference. This process only needs to be done once per patient for your duration at Shiny Chompers.
- Please take your child’s temperature the morning of the appointment. If a caregiver and/or sibling is accompanying the child to the appointment, temperatures should be taken for them as well. A temperature of 100.4 F or greater constitutes a fever, and the appointment should be postponed.
- Consider bringing a sweater or warm clothes to the appointment. Indoor temperatures will be kept lower for staff donned in personal protective equipment.
- Children who have adverse reactions to costumes may benefit from parental explanations of personal protective equipment (PPE). Viewing photos or videos of health care workers in PPE prior to the appointment may be helpful.
Upon arrival to your appointment
- Please remain in your car, and call the office to let a receptionist know you have arrived. A staff member will call you back on the cell phone number you provide when it is time to enter the office for the appointment.
- Patients arriving later than 10 minutes may only receive an examination and limited treatment to allow adequate time to prepare for the next patient.
- Any individual over age 2 should wear a mask to the appointment.
- Please use hand sanitizer in the waiting area upon entry.
- Temperatures will be taken at check-in for patients and those accompanying them.
- When feasible, please limit the number of people attending the appointment. To your comfort level, older patients may be sent up by themselves, and you will be informed when the appointment has ended. For patients accompanied by parents/guardians, we kindly ask that only one parent remain in the operatory at a time due to restricted room capacity.
- While in office, patients, to their tolerance level, will be asked to rinse with antibacterial mouthwash prior to all procedures.
Upon completion of your appointment
- For sanitary purposes, the use of the toy machine is temporarily suspended. Pre-made goodie bags including stickers and toys will be dispensed at the end of the appointment.
- There are designated standing areas at check-out to maintain social distancing.
- You will receive a digital notification 2 months prior to the time your child is due for the next recall appointment. Currently, 6–month appointments will not be scheduled in advance to alleviate the back log of cancelled appointments.
Thank you for your continued support and for your consideration of these matters. Our number one goal is to ensure that our practice is safe and in compliance with public health regulations. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Shiny Chompers Team